Now is the time to get your house ready for winter. Call Greater Chicago Handyman to ensure your home is prepared to weather the elements!
Predicting Chicago winter weather can be tricky, but according to NOAA, wetter-than-average conditions are predicted for the Great Lakes region. Temperatures in the Chicago area are expected to be average, but more snow than usual is expected.
So what does this have to do with your house? It means that now is the time to ensure your home is ready to withstand a harsh winter. Don’t wait for an ice storm to realize your roof is in disrepair, your gutters need cleaning, or your windows need weatherstripping. Instead, let Greater Chicago Handyman help ensure your home is ready to weather the elements!
Get Your House Ready for Winter!
Gloves, boots, scarf, coat – it’s easy to prepare and get yourself ready for winter weather. How do you get your house prepared? First, get organized by making a checklist. Once your list is created, Greater Chicago Handyman can help get it done. We’ve also got some helpful tips to help you figure out everything you need to do. Consider the following home-winterizing tips:
- Gutter cleaning – When your gutters get full of leaves, twigs, and debris, they can tear away from the structure of your home. The damage could be severe if they’re full during a snow or ice storm. Having your gutters cleaned and repaired ahead of the winter weather will save you money.
- Inspect the roof – Don’t wait for a snowstorm to realize you’re missing shingles. Inspecting your roof ahead of time allows you to get the necessary repairs done so that your house is adequately covered.
- Seal windows and doors – As much as 25% of your heating bill could be flying out your windows and doors. Sealing and weatherstripping will ensure you’re not wasting heat and increasing your gas bill.
- Drain sprinkler system – Prevent damage when freezing temperatures move in by winterizing your sprinkler system. Draining the system ahead of time prevents damage to the pipes, sprinkler heads, and valves.
- Fence repair – Does your fence need a minor repair? Loose screws, broken panels, and other things may need to be fixed. Whether you have a wood, vinyl, aluminum, or chainlink fence, avoid more extensive damage this winter by making repairs now.
- Winterize your deck – Snow, ice, and sleet all cause a lot of wear and tear on your deck. Just like your fence, if a board is loose or something is broken, fix it before winter weather makes it worse.
As Military Veterans, we bring extreme attention to detail and professionalism in all that we do. We are committed to open communication and honest pricing. Our estimates are always free, and we will thoroughly explain the entire process and any possible issues we expect to arise before we agree to take the job.
Contact Greater Chicago Handyman
Having the time, tools, and ability to repair and maintain the interior and exterior of your home can be challenging. Greater Chicago Handyman offers skilled and dependable handyman services with more than 15 years of experience.