Drywall & Painting Contractors
Veteran owned and operated, we offer experienced and dependable drywall repair and interior painting services throughout the greater Chicagoland area.
Skilled drywall repair and interior painting services are essential to keep your home looking great. Our team is professionally trained to replace or repair your drywall and refinish the surface by painting it. From small punch-through holes to hanging new panels, Greater Chicago Handyman is your one-stop handyman service company for all your drywall repair and painting needs.
We are committed to open communication and honest pricing. Our estimates are always free, and we will thoroughly explain the entire process and any possible issues we expect to arise before we agree to take the job.
Even though plaster walls are still used for various styles, drywall is the standard in most houses today. But a common problem for many homeowners is fixing drywall that is damaged. It’s a job that requires a certain amount of know-how and attention to detail.
The most common reasons you need your drywall repaired include:
- Cracks – Drywall cracks form primarily due to foundation settlement, foundation heave, humidity, fluctuations in temperature, and seismic activity. When you notice cracks starting, don’t ignore them, as they will likely get more extensive and can turn into expensive and troublesome repairs.
- Nails popping out – This typically occurs when a nail is not securely attached to a joint or stud and pops through the drywall. The lumber used to build the house may have moisture, and as the wood dries, the studs may begin to shift or twist.
- Plumbing leaks – Leaking pipes is one of the leading causes of drywall damage. They can cause water damage which weakens the structural integrity of the drywall. Even if water damage isn’t observable, moisture in the walls can cause other issues, such as loosened joint tape or cracks.
- Holes – Holes are very common, usually caused by an accidental forceful impact like a door being slammed open. If you notice your drywall has holes, get it patched and repaired as soon as possible. This will keep the drywall from cracking further.
- Removing things – Removing wallpaper, nails, light fixtures, mirrors, or other things can cause pieces of drywall to chip or crack.
At Greater Chicago Handyman, we will make the necessary repairs, but we’ll also identify why and how the drywall was damaged and take steps to prevent the problem from happening again. For instance, if the drywall is damaged due to moisture, we will also identify the leak’s location or issue and fix it.
After the drywall is repaired, it will need a fresh coat of paint to make it look fresh and new. Our team of painting professionals can help. As Military Veterans, we bring extreme attention to detail and professionalism in all that we do.
You may need interior painting services because you want to change the color of a room or just want it to look fresh. From lighting up a living room to repainting all of the bedrooms, a new coat of paint can significantly impact the inside of your home. We paint the following interior spaces:
- Living rooms
- Dining rooms
- Home offices
- Windows and Doors
Trying to complete a painting project on your own can take weeks while you try and maneuver around your hectic schedule. Let Greater Chicago Handyman help!